Wednesday, January 11, 2012

dolo.


Ride 100 miles alone and take your sweet-ass time. Eat a lot of food and drink a bunch of sample-sized cups of sample coffee at the supermarket. Sometimes it's all you can do when your friends are too sick, hungover or busy to ride with you.


Take lots of photos and turn around if you don't get the shot you really wanted. Get a little lost and worry about not making it back before sundown because like an idiot, you didn't bring lights or anticipate getting home late. You're on your own time, waiting for no one and following nobody. There's no one to help you through the canyons and you'll be caught whistling or singing to yourself.



I used to date this girl that was really into health food and coconut water and fucking chia seeds or whatever. I feel dumb to say it, but I learned a lot from her. She showed me the Santa Monica Mountains and the value of eating well after grueling rides, which does not mean eating seven dollars worth of food from Taco Bell. Goddamn, I miss Taco Bell.


1 comment:

  1. This ride looks superfly! Reminds me of the fun my friend Sion and I used to have. I miss Sion.

    ReplyDelete