Monday, January 2, 2012

peel.

This is the only reason I bothered to wake up New Year's Day.

The only time I felt truly low on a long bike ride is when I saw a banana on the ground while climbing back into the Valley from Malibu.
I turned around to pick it up and possibly eat it, only to find that it was just a peel. Worse than the sinking feeling in your stomach when you think you complete the last climb on a ride you've never been on, or the feeling of your sun-dried brain at the end of a hot day during summer. It's your expectations meeting reality and quickly turning into a pile of ashes on the floor.
I let out a heavy-hearted sigh, completed the ride and made my way to the nearest liquor store where I bought cheap Mexican beer and two bananas.


This blog aims to document rides, trips, friendly feelings and laffs in general for the year of our Lord 2012. Earth, USA, California, Los Angeles, 818.

No comments:

Post a Comment